Provide us with the full name of your broker or advisor and we will grade them for free!
Investor Lifeguard relies on the accuracy of the Financial Industry Regulatory Authority (FINRA) BrokerCheck® database in determining “grades” for financial advisors, investment brokers, and other professionals registered with FINRA. Much like school, our grades range from A to F, with A being the highest grade.
The occurrences that will cause a financial advisor’s grade to drop a letter grade include the following reported events on an individual’s Central Registration Depository (CRD) report:
- The advisor is not registered or licensed to sell stocks and bonds (i.e., limited to Series 6 licenses)
- The advisor has filed bankruptcy in the past 10 years
- The advisor has more than one customer complaint
- There has been an regulatory investigation into the advisor
- The advisor has been suspended, fined, or barred by any regulatory authority (two letter grades)
- Other relevant factors
Note that a high grade is by no means a guarantee that a broker is competent or ethical. The grading system is designed for the purpose of giving investors an easy way to quantify what we believe are red flags in an advisor’s background. If you have additional concerns about your broker or advisor, please contact us for a complete, thorough investigation.